Special education strategists, educators, administrators and teachers who serve English Learners are invited to attend a three-day professional development seminar on Feb. 2, 9 and 11 in Sioux City. One license renewal credit is available by attending all three days.
- Participants will learn about English Learners, including:
- Five stages of language acquisition
- Theories behind language acquisition
- Process for identifying English Learner students
- Research behind referring EL students to special education and more!
Registration deadline is on Jan. 21, 2016, and can be done here. Please see the attached flyer for more information.