Have you heard of the Iowa Clearinghouse for Work-Based Learning? Check out what they have to offer!
- Iowa needs more high-quality work-based learning experiences to prepare K-12 students for future careers and to help the state’s employers grow a skilled workforce.
- High-quality work-based learning helps students connect their classroom learning to the workplace, build new skills, test-drive careers, and make informed decisions about college and career training.
- Work-based learning sets the stage for great job opportunities for young people and a pipeline of skilled workers for employers.
- The Iowa Clearinghouse for Work-Based Learning makes relevant professional experiences more readily accessible to many more K-12 students statewide, especially in rural communities.
- Work-based learning strengthens relationships between schools and employers, giving employers a way to tackle projects that otherwise wouldn’t get attention and bringing the real-world application into the schools.
- The Clearinghouse is part of the Future Ready Iowa initiative, which is about closing the state’s skilled worker gap and connecting Iowans to the training and education required for good-paying jobs.
- The Clearinghouse is positioned to build upon other successful work-based learning options, such as the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council’s STEM BEST (Businesses engaging Students and Teachers) program and a statewide Work-Based Learning Intermediary Network run by Iowa’s community colleges.