An informational meeting will be held on May 10 at Northwest AEA in Le Mars from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. to learn about Competency-Based Education (CBE).
It will be a great day to become familiar with:
• Competency-ˇBased Education (CBE) in Iowa
• Changes in Chapter 12 to Support CBE
• Transforming PK-ˇ12 Educational Systems for 2020 and Beyond
• Incorporating College and Career Readiness Standards
• Current State-ˇwide Initiatives that Support CBE Educational Structure
- Standards Referenced and Standards-ˇBased Grading
- Project-ˇBased Learning
- Performance Assessments and Tasks
- Flipped Classrooms, Blended Learning, and Personalized Learning
Please see the attached flyer for more information.