Iowa AEA Online resources supplement classroom learning
Iowa AEA Online is a virtual library that provides no-cost access to 14 high-quality, web-based resources for accredited public and non-public PreK-12 schools. Every teacher and student in Iowa has access to these resources, which are provided by Iowa’s AEAs. Access is available 24/7 at home and at school through a username and password, which is given out by school librarians. Ask your school librarian for that information and check out some of these excellent resources to bring lessons to life and expand on classroom teaching.
- AEA Digital Library - Digital curriculum resources from leading producers of preK-12 content.
- BookFlix - An online literacy resource that pairs fictional video storybooks with related nonfiction books. Includes a read-aloud feature.
- Britannica Online - Suite of products designed to support student research and classroom instruction.
- CultureGrams - Perspective on daily life and culture, including the history, customs, and lifestyles of the world's people.
- FreedomFLIX - Offers students a behind-the-scenes look at the people, places, and events that shaped our world.
- GALE: Content from magazines, newspapers, an reference materials. Ten different resources are designed for age-appropriate access.
- iClipart - A collection of more than 7.8 million royalty-free photos, clipart, fonts, animations, and sounds.
- Learn360 - Library of educational videos, video clips, images, and other teacher resources
- ScienceFLIX - Transforms the way students access science topics, acquire scientific knowledge, and build a lasting interest in science, technology and engineering.
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Exploration of the origins, perspectives, and essential questions under debate on over 300 pro/con social issues.
- soundzabound: Licensed audio that can be used without copyright infringement in videos, podcasts, and other forms of multimedia.
- TeachingBooks.net - Collections of author video interviews, book readings, teaching resources and lesson plans to support student reading skills and interests
- Teen Health and Wellness - Nonjudgmental, straightforward information on today's teen health and wellness issues.
- TrueFlix - Combines Scholastic True Books content with related videos, Web links and text. Includes a read-aloud feature.
As always, be sure to check out our blogs, which we hope will inform, inspire and guide your daily work:
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- English Language Learners
- Family and Educator Partnership
- Fine Arts
- Future-Ready Students
- Instructional Coach
- Instructional Technology
- Iowa Core
- Physical Education/Health
- Tim Grieves' School Administrator Blog
- Section 504: Protecting Students with Disabilities
- Social Studies
- Special Education
- Teacher Librarians
- Transition from High School
For a complete listing of all blogs, please go to the Northwest AEA website. You can also sign up for an RSS feed to automatically receive blog updates (instructions provided on the Northwest AEA website).
Dr. Tim Grieves