Listening posts are being hosted at locations across Iowa on behalf of the Children’s System State Board established by Gov. Kim Reynolds in April. The focus of the listening posts is to understand what children mental health services need to be available locally. The state board will review the Information gathered from these listening posts as part of its charge to review existing resources and develop a strategic plan with specific recommendations to create a statewide system to help children with mental health issues. This report, with recommendations, is due to the legislature on Nov. 15.
Each AEA will host a listening post at the following locations:
- Fairfield Arts & Convention Center, 200 North Main, Fairfield, IA: Oct 8 from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Mississippi Bend AEA, 729 21st St., Bettendorf: Oct 11 from 5:30-7:00 pm
- Carrie Lee Elementary Auditorium, 210 Vernon Street, Decorah: Oct 10 from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Northwest AEA, 940 Lincoln St SW., LeMars: Oct 2 from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Green Hills AEA, 257 Swan St., Creston: Oct 10 from 5:30-7:00 pm
- Prairie Lakes AEA, 500 NE 6th Street, Pocahontas: Oct 3 from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Central Rivers AEA, 9184 265th Street, Suite B, Clear Lake: Oct 10 6:00-7:30 pm
- Grant Wood AEA, 4401 6th St. SW, Cedar Rapids: Oct 11 from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Heartland AEA, 6500 Corporate Drive, Johnston: Oct 8 from 5:30-7:00 pm
Two additional opportunities have been created for parents/children unable to attend the time/date/places outlined above:
- A survey is available for those unable to attend a listening post. The deadline is Oct. 12.
- An online listening post has been schedule for October 4 from 12:00-1:00 p.m. To join from your computer, click on this URL: https://zoom.us/j/290354386
To join via phone, dial 1-646-876-9923 and when prompted, enter meeting code: 290-354-386