Personalized Learning and Atomic Learning
Most of us are familiar with the concept of personalized learning. One of the Iowa AEA Online resources, Atomic Learning, is striving to help teachers and instructional coaches meet their own individualized learning goals with their newly designed hoonuit learning modules. Some of the learning modules of interest to teachers and coaches include:
- Differentiating Reading Instruction
- Classroom Management Strategies
- Digital Storytelling
- Classroom Management in 1:1
- Assessment of Learning
- Effective PD
- How Do I Motivate My Students?
- Supporting Gifted and Talented Learners
- Writing Effective Learning Outcomes
- Challenging Advanced Readers
The hoonuit modules are built around four segments. Teachers and coaches are introduced to the topic through explanations and examples in the Learnit segment. In the next Doit segment, educators are given an activity to complete to apply what they have learned. The next segment is Shareit. Teachers and coaches can share their completed doit activity with the Atomic Learning Community and also see what others have done. The last segment is Proveit and is an assessment. Successfully completing the assessment will provide learners with a certificate of completion.
Teachers and coaches can also create an individual account in Atomic Learning. In the future, many of the new features and modules will only be available if you have created your own account. You can do that by going to:
https://www.atomiclearning.com/register/nwaea Click on Create a New Account. The passcode you will need is nwaea.
Here’s how to access the hoonuit modules:
- Once you’ve logged in, click on the search button/tab.
- Click on advanced filters found on the right side of the page
- Using the pull-down menu found under all topics, select hoonuit Learning Module
Want to learn more? https://youtu.be/FXPr-S_7g_k