Posted on 03/21/2016 at 09:30 AM by Blog Experts
This post is for you. You know the saying, "When mom's happy, everyone's happy". Let's turn that into, "When the teacher's happy, then everyone's happy". I was a part of a PLC book study this year with some colleagues and the focus was on mindfulness. Here are some new things to try for yourself. Let me know what you think.
1. unroll.me - This website takes all your emails that you've subscribed to and puts it into one email for the day. You know those emails your get from Old Navy, Younkers, Carters, Best Buy, etc, that you get just about every day? They add up but you don't necessarily want to unsubscribe from them, use unroll me. Click the clink, press "get started", and put your email in. If you have another email account, like I do, you have to do a separate one but same steps. Then you will just get two emails from unroll me for the day. It will find all your subscriptions for that day. You then decide if you want to unsubscribe, which it'll do it for you with one click, add to the unroll me, or keep it as a separate email. And that's it. Once you get your unroll me email for the day, it will find new subscription emails that you can add . This have been a huge hit with me. A must for you to to.
2. theMinimalists.com - All about a meaningful life with less stuff.These two guys share about helping become minimalists. Not to the extent of living in a tiny house and getting rid of everything you own. Read topics of: excess stuff, time, clutter, relationships, gifts, career, money, productivity, clothes, workspace goals, decisions, focus, health, mindfulness, and more.
3. doyogawithme.com - This is a free site with tons of yoga videos. I have not tried any yet, but it's saved in my bookmarks. If you can't get to the gym, on a tight budget, tired of your workout videos, this is the site to go to!
4. calm.com- Relax with Calm, a simple mindfulness meditation app that brings clarity and peace of mind into your life. Click the link and you're off to calming mode within seconds. Choose your background and it's calming sounds will transport you. (Okay, maybe not but it is pretty relaxing to have in the background while you're working or even have this up during class when it's quiet work time).
5. 6 Minute Miracle Morning Minute 1- Silence, Minute 2- Affirmations, Minute 3- Visualization, Minute 4- Scribing, Minute 5- Reading, and Minute 6- Exercise.