Posted on 08/15/2012 at 08:57 AM by Global Reach
I would like to introduce our organization and ask for your help in extending an invitation to the Art Educators of Iowa Fall Conference to all the visual arts instructors in Iowa. As an art teacher in northwest Iowa, I am always on the look out for professional development which pertains to my field of education. The AEI Fall Conference is one of those opportunities I have been a part of it since student teaching in the mid-90s.
ART EDUCATORS OF IOWA is a non-profit organization unified with the National Art Education Association (NAEA) and affiliated with the Iowa Alliance for Arts Education (IAAE). Our purpose is to promote excellence in visual arts education in Iowa through the advancement of knowledge and skills, professional development, service, and leadership. We are a professional organization for those interested in the future of art education.We supply exemplary networking opportunities and collegial support for educators throughout Iowa and with educators around the world. Our Board of Directors (volunteers from around the state) meets quarterly to plan and organize these activities.
How we can help you:
• Fine Arts Iowa Core (Iowa Department of Education, IAAE (Iowa Alliance for Arts Education), Iowa Arts Council)
July 25 we launched the Fine Arts Iowa Core in Des Moines. We were joined with IAAE, the Department of Ed, Iowa Arts Council and other writing teams of the fine arts areas (music,band, visual art, theater) '
* Our Iowa Core Fine Arts writing team spent the morning of August 9 presenting to fifty art teachers within the Davenport Community School District in collaboration with members from the other Fine Arts areas writing teams sharing the Universal Constructs and the Fine Arts Iowa Core.
• Annual Fall Conference (Re-certification/College credit)--This year a joint conference with Nebraska will be held Oct 5-7 in Council Bluff/Omaha area.
• Mentoring program- 1st & 2nd year fine arts teachers-(Collaboration IAAE- Iowa Alliance for Arts Education,Iowa Music, Iowa Bandmasters, Choral, Drama)
• Youth Art Month/ Scholastic Art Show/Governor's Show
• All-State Art Competition
• All-State Art Camp
• Professional Learning Community for Visual Arts Teachers
• NAEA membership, research, lesson plans, affliation
• AEI website (Resources such as the Fine Arts Iowa Core, lesson plans, etc.)
Thank you for all you do to support the the fine arts in our schools.
For questions, please contact:
7-12 Visual Art Educator, Sibley-Ocheyedan CSD
President , Art Educators of Iowa (www.artedia.org)
120 11th Ave. NE
Sibley, IA 51249
school: 712.754-3601 (Art Dept. Ext: 223)