Posted on 05/03/2018 at 07:36 AM by Blog Experts
Last Friday, April 20, Lisa Wiese and Kathy Perret had the opportunity to work with a few area principals. We thought we'd share the resources we used as well as others we have found. Perhaps they will be useful as you begin to make plans for 2018 - 2019. The Principal and Coach relationship is a critical factor in the success of any teacher leadership endeavor.
If your school team needs assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
1. Clarifying the Coaches Role: Solid Partnerships with Principals is Key to Effectiveness. (Learning Forward) This is a similar tool with the Principal and Coach Partnership Agreements.
2. Professional Development for Student Learning Video (a backwards planning tool via Steve Barkley)
3. Elements of the Principal/Coach Partnership: Presenting the Coach's Role to the Staff (Steve Barkley video)
4. School District Capacity Tool from the Center on Strengthening the Teaching Profession (CSTP)
5. Principals Boost Coaching Impact (Learning Forward)
6. Coaching for Impact: Six Pillars to Create Coaching Roles that Achieve their Potential to Improve Teaching and Learning. (Learning Forward)
7. The Coach-Principal Relationship (Chapter 2 of Building Teacher's Capacity for Success - Hall/Simeral - ASCD)
8. Pave the Way for Coaches: Principal's Actions are Key to Shaping Roles and Relationships (Learning Forward)
9. The Iowa Teacher Leader Framework
10. Iowa Teacher Leader Innovation Configuration Maps