Posted on 10/20/2016 at 02:49 PM by Blog Experts
Many of your schools use Google Apps, now called G-Suite. Google doesn't always make it easy to keep up with changes or be aware of some of the new capabilities. A good resource is Ask the Gooru. Ask the Gooru also sends daily tips if you'd like to subscribe via email. Ask the Gooru also provides training videos that are also helpful for both instructional technology teachers and classroom teachers.
Google also has a blog with hints and tips as well. You might want to access the Google Drive Blog as well.
Finally, Northwest AEA and the other AEAs in Iowa provide 14 online resources, one of which includes Atomic Learning. Atomic Learning provides wonderful training videos on how to use many applications. If you haven't tried Atomic Learning, I'd suggest you check out this resource as well. Here's a sampling of tutorials available from Atomic Learning on Google Forms: You will need to be logged into Atomic Learning to go directly to the tutorial. Use your Iowa AEA Online username/password to access this resource and the other resources provided by NWAEA Media.
- A. Getting Started
- B. Creating & Editing Forms
- Creating forms pt. 1
- Creating forms pt. 2
- Questioning with text and paragraph field types
- Questioning with the multiple choice field
- Questioning with grid and checkboxes
- Questioning with lists and scales
- Editing forms pt. 1
- Editing forms pt. 2
- Editing form themes
- Duplicating and deleting forms
- Publishing a form
- E-mailing a form pt. 1
- E-mailing a form pt. 2
- Editing the confirmation message
- Inserting section breaks
- Viewing the results in summary form
- Using Go to Page pt. 1
- Using Go to Page pt. 2
- Using Go to Page pt. 3
- AutoGrading a form test with a function pt. 1
- AutoGrading a form test with a function pt. 2
- AutoGrading a form test with a function pt. 3
- AutoGrading a form test with a function pt. 4
If you have questions about Atomic Learning, please let me know.