Posted on 10/19/2016 at 09:03 AM by Blog Experts
Iowa’s Tch Team Science Champions
Are you excited about creating learning environments that foster three-dimensional learning?
Do you love trying new teaching strategies and instructional models?
Do you enjoy modeling instructional practices for your peers?
Do you enjoy supporting others in their understanding of 3D learning and the Iowa Science Standards?
If you said “Yes” to these questions, you should consider applying to be a member of Iowa’s Tch Team Science Champions Learning Community! Iowa has the opportunity to establish an on-line professional learning community through the Teaching Channel. The goal is to develop a network of teacher leaders who are working to implement the Iowa Science Standards through three-dimensional teaching and learning. We are looking for 60 teacher leaders from across the state representing a range of grade levels from K-12. Iowa’s Tch Team Science Champions will be able to enroll in a 3-credit hour course for re-licensure or for graduate credit.
The criteria for participating as a Tch Team Science Champion include:
- At least three years of experience teaching science.
- Currently teaching science at least part-time in a K-12 classroom.
- A strong knowledge of the Iowa Science Standards
- A commitment to videotape various segments of his/her instruction and to sharing videos and piloted strategies/instructional models, lessons, and units with the grade-band team
- A willingness to actively participate in on-line discussion boards and a commitment to both providing feedback to team members and to receiving and using feedback from the team.
Preferred but not required: currently serving as a leader of professional learning, as a content lead, or as a model/demonstration/master teacher.
Applications accepted now-Nov. 20
Team Selection Nov. 20-Dec. 9
Informational Virtual Meeting December 14th at 3:30
Official “Start” Jan. 9
Applications Due on November 20, 2016. Click (or go) here to Apply:goo.gl/AOj21r.