The purpose of student programs and activities is to provide students with opportunities to share their talents and expertise in academic areas. The mission of this service is to make the opportunities available to all students; to ensure these programs and activities extend the students' learning; and to allow students to showcase their academic talents.
Some of the annual student programs and activities include: (DATES will be announced when known)
- Senate Youth - high school junior or senior (one per school district) who is a member of the student council, and who is nominated by his/her principal
- Harvest - K-12 students whose writing or artwork is submitted for publication by their classroom teachers
- History Day - students in grades four through twelve who are interested in exploring events in history
- Math Bees - teachers put together a team of students for the sixth-grade competition.
- Math Counts - seventh and eighth grade students compete in a series of four rounds. Many of the students who participate in the Math Counts program which is part of the Talented and Gifted program, participate but any student who is interested can pay the fee and compete.
Teachers interested in these activities can register their students for these events, or, in the case of Harvest, teachers submit the students' writing or artwork.
800/352-9040 Ext. 6088