CAUTION! - If you take courses from a college, be sure it is a regionally accredited college and that the course you are taking is offered for college credit! There are many accredited out-of-state colleges and universities that offer professional development for teachers, but do not issue college credit unless you are enrolled in their graduate program. Rather than college credit, you are awarded “CEUs”, “Professional Development Units,” “Post-Baccalaureate Credits,” etc. These are not the same as Licensure Renewal credits through the AEA and they cannot be used to renew your Iowa license! If you take courses through another provider, it is your responsibility to verify the usability of these credits toward your license. Ask if you are awarded college semester hours if you are not enrolled in their degree program.

« Back