Northwest AEA provides online training to help schools meet various federal and state requirements. Training is available for mandatory reporting, bloodborne pathogens, asbestos awareness, chemical right to know, and lock out/tag out. In addition to these mandatory trainings, online training is available for Section 504, BRIDGES Classroom Management program, and Ethics for Iowa Educators.
Directions: Go to the link below: (it is the same link as always)
The first time into the new system, everyone must register (even if you have completed trainings before).
To do so, from the new system's home page:
1. Click on the "Register into the System" button of the page.
2. Fill in your first and last name.
3. You can select either your social security number or your driver's license number. However, you should select the one you have used in the past (with the old system) or you will not have access to your old records, like when you have last completed a training.
4. You choose your own personal username and password (not the one supplied by our AEA). The system gives you some hints to find an acceptable one.
5. Enter your email and click the submit student information button.
That's it to register. The next time you come to the site, you will just need to add your username and password. To log out of the system, there is a log out button in the upper right corner.
When you are in the system, you will notice on the left side where you can access your "active courses", your "completed courses", the "course catalog", and where you can print your own "course certificates".
To register for a course in this catalog:
1. First click on the course catalog.
2. Then, from the selection list, click the "register" button for the training you wish to take.
3. On the next screen, be sure to click the AEA you are in.
4. Finally, on the next screen, choose the district that you are in and the password that is given to you by the AEA. These passwords have been sent to school adinistrators.
5. Click "the submit" button and you will be in your course.
Just like before, you can log out of your course before your have finished. To resume a course:
1. Click on the "active courses" link.
2. Click on the "resume" button next to the course.
If you need to change any personal information, click the button with your name on it in the upper right corner.
If you need to print out a certificate, click on "course certificates." Then click on the course. Below, you will see a button that allows you to print the certificate. Note: the Mandatory Reporting of Abuse certificate is required by law to be printed by the provider, Heartland AEA, so that is the only certificate you will not be able to print.
Mandatory Reporter certificates will be mailed by Heartland AEA after completion of the training. There is a $10 service charge for replacements. All other certificates can be downloaded at the end of the trainings, then printed.
Again, passwords have been sent to area superintendents. When you have this information you can go to http://www.heartlandaea.org/professional-development/mandatory--non-mandatory-trainings/
To avoid web browser incompatibility issues, you are encouraged to use Firefox.
If you do not have the passwords or are not employed by one of our agency's accredited schools, you may participate in the training by paying a $25 fee to Heartland AEA.
Questions? Contact Joyce Vander Wilt at email@example.com.