AEA Purchasing, a statewide initiative of Iowa’s AEAs, facilitates a voluntary purchasing program to help Iowa schools and other eligible entities save time and money. Its goal is to combine the purchasing power of Iowa schools to offer aggressive pricing on materials, goods and services through a competitive bid process.
- Saves Iowa schools time and money
- Researches products and forms vendor partnerships through a competitive process
- Offers a wide range of value-added services
- Remains a self-supporting organization and gives back to participating organizations through food rebates and funding of statewide projects
- Collaborates with AEAs and school districts to develop synergy that can’t be attained through individual efforts
- Helps both large and small school districts acquire quality products and training at an equitable price