Science services include support for the development and implementation of high-quality instructional practices that align with science standards, including professional learning and coaching. We are excited to offer agency-wide science best practice support for both elementary and secondary classrooms!
- Iowa Science Standards (NGSS) support for both pedagogy and curriculum alignment
- K-12 science classroom and curriculum support
- Collaborating with building instructional coaches for science classroom needs
- MTSS Universal and Tier 2 support in the science classroom
- Foss Science Kit Support and Training
- Support in Open Sci Ed units and curriculum (Middle School — HS and Elementary units coming soon)
- Monthly resource email: Science News You Can Use (email us to sign up!)
- “Picture Perfect Science” learning and lesson ideas for elementary classrooms
- Utilizing Science Notebooks in your classroom
- Writing and implementing 3-D assessments
What do we work on? We work on what you are working on! If what you need isn’t on this list, please ask. We will do our best to utilize our contacts and resources to help make your classrooms even more awesome! THANK YOU for all you do for your science students!
See “Science News You Can Use” from Northwest AEA here: https://www.smore.com/5dzhj