For current literacy professional learning opportunities, click here.
After working with your systems coach and working through a roadmap to create an action plan, here is what we can support:
|Whole Staff Professional Learning
||Small Group/Individual Professional Learning and Coaching
- The Why, What, and How of the Science of Reading
- Equipped for Reading Success- Phonological Awareness
- 15 hours
- K-5 Classroom, interventionists, special ed.
- 6-12 interventionists and special ed.
- Explicit Instruction
- Dyslexia Overview
Best Practice Literacy Instruction professional learning in...
- Phonics & Word Recognition
- Vocabulary/Listening & Reading Comprehension
- Written Comprehension
- Small Group Skills Based Instruction
- MTSS implementation
- Looking at literacy data
- Curriculum evaluation discussions
- Diagnostic Literacy Assessments
- Discovery & Evaluation of Scope and Sequence
- Instructional Routines in:
- high-frequency words
- blending and segmenting
- decoding/encoding multisyllabic words
- Phonological awareness activities
- Literacy Intervention Discussions
- Helping make informed decisions
- Using decodable texts
- Sound wall implementation
- Dyslexia support
- Informal book discussion
- contact literacy coach for options
|Specific Trainings for Select Staff
- Foundational Literacy Intervention (FLI)
- Second Chance Reading
- Fusion Reading
- Content Enhancement Routines (KU)
We firmly believe in creating high quality, research-based professional learning along with providing job-embedded coaching to facilitate the long-term implementation of best practices in literacy.